TE01 Carbonation Tester (aphrometers)
Several variations of these devices are available: all measure the pressure within a container and some have a hollow needle to pierce the cap or cork.
Calculation using tables or a special slide rule to allow for sample temperature gives the carbonation level / CO2 content in ‘volumes’ or grams per litre. Achieving good results depends on following the correct operating procedures, and ensuring consistent test conditions to achieve reproducibility.
Absolute accuracy is not guaranteed although this method for CO2 determination is reproducible and is widely used in the drinks industry. It is recommended to compare results with those from an accredited laboratory from time to time. May also measure vacuum (wine bottles with vacuum corkers / hot bottled product)
- Crown/plastic/cork - £265
- Cans - £345
- Tank sampling (standard tank connection is 1/1.5-inch Triclamp, gas connection 3/8-inch pushfit; others available on request) - £295
Usually available on a next day delivery service
Designs may vary
- Tank Sampling Instruction Manual HERE
- Bottle Sampling Instruction Manual HERE
- Can Sampling Instruction Manual HERE
Slide Rule Carbonation Calculator HERE
Digital Thermometer HERE
Other configurations on request - please CONTACT US